Audit reviews, fraud audits, special audits and valuation reports
Auditors, auditing: Fraud audits, audit reviews, valuations reports
ZOur auditing field of activity includes statutory and voluntary auditing of annual and consolidated accounts in accordance with the German Commercial Code (HGB) and the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as well as audit reviews, special audits and valuation reports, especially in the context of forming or restructuring a company.
Contact persons at KONLUS for audit reviews, fraud audits, special audits and valuation reports:
- Carl Erik Koehler (auditor, tax consultant, certified valuation analyst (CVA))
- Alexander Neu (auditor, tax consultant, IT and GDPdU expert)
- die IT-Prüfungsexperten der IT AUDIT GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
Fields of activity:
- Audit reviews
Audit reviews are an appropriate means of increasing the transparency and credibility of accounts and interim accounts. An audit review establishes trust with business partners, investors or shareholders. In the case of companies that are not subject to a statutory audit, the audit review increases the reliability of the information contained in the accounts. This can give companies a stronger negotiating position when securing refinancing. In addition, it makes the information contained in the accounts more transparent and can prevent corporate management from making incorrect decisions. We also adopt a client-centred approach to our audit reviews. To this end, we always exercise great care when taking a critical look at matters and we immediately communicate any facts or developments that may impact negatively on client development.
- Fraud audits
Criminal, fraudulent activities can be detrimental to a company and may bring about a situation that may threaten the very existence of the company. We assist our clients in detecting and identifying such potential hazards and activities as well designing appropriate systems to isolate these risks. Our audit procedures are aligned with the objectives that were formulated in consultation with our clients. We use special auditing and questioning techniques to expose carefully planned and difficult-to-detect offences. To prevent acts of embezzlement, we collaborate with our clients to develop suitable controlling and auditing instruments as well as ensure that the set-up and effectiveness of these instruments is adapted to the ever-changing needs of our clients.
- Special audits and valuation reports
Our experienced staff can conduct a wide range of statutory and voluntary audits. Not only are our staff highly experienced, they regularly attend internal training to ensure that they keep up to date with current developments.
The following are some examples of special audits and valuation reports undertaken by KONLUS:
- Audits mandated under company law
In the case of tax structuring measures under company law, audits are particularly necessary in the context of the German Limited Liability Companies Act (GmbH-Gesetz) and the German Companies Act (Aktiengesetz). Here, we focus on the following fields of activity:
Limited Liability Companies Act (GmbH-Gesetz)
- Auditing the recoverability of investments in kind when forming a company and increasing capital
- Auditing the share capital coverage of a new economic incorporation of a limited liability company
- Auditing the special-purpose balance sheet in the event of an increase in capital from corporate funds
Companies Act (AktG)
- Formation audit
- Auditing a new economic incorporation of a limited liability company
- Post-formation audit
- Auditing an increase in capital in kind
- Auditing special-purpose balance sheets in the event of an increase in capital from corporate funds
- Auditing of affiliation agreements
- Incorporation audit
- Squeeze-out: appropriateness audit in relation to cash compensation
Audits under the German Reorganisation of Companies Act (UmwG)
- Merger audit
- Company split/demerger audit
- "Change in legal form" audit
- Auditing of the closing balance
- Auditing of the appropriateness of the consideration for a share purchase
Auditing of special industries and on the basis of specific requirements
- Auditing of real estate brokers and property developers in accordance with the German Ordinance on Estate Agents and Property Developers (MaBV)
- Auditing of the executive board in accordance with § 53 of the German Budgetary Principles Act (HGrG)
- Auditing to ensure the proper use of public funds in accordance with the German Care Home Act (Heimgesetz)
We provide the majority of our auditing and tax consultancy services to clients in Bergisch Gladbach, Cologne, Leverkusen, Gummersbach, Bonn, Düsseldorf, Remscheid, Solingen, Wuppertal and neighbouring regions. However, we also operate throughout Germany. Our branch office is located in Berlin.